Senior Project Manager (Tieto Smart Utilities)
For our client Tieto we are looking for a…
Senior Project Manager (Tieto Smart Utilities)
In Energy Utilities we are 400 employees and a leader in the Software Solutions and Services for Energy Utility companies in the Nordic’s with 200 customers. We are constantly expanding our business and would now like to strengthen our Global Leadership team with a Head of DevOps.
We are working with the full suite of Software solutions and Services in the CIS and AMI areas, with processes covering Meter to Cash, Lead to Contract, Meter Deployment, Meter Operations, and Customer Automation etc. The Business aims for 35 M€ in Revenue 2018 and is expected to grow on a yearly basis including geographical expansion outside the Nordics. We have operations in all Nordic countries as well as in Austria and main development sites in Czech and India.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver large scale project(s) that span across one or more products, services or systems to our largest and most important customers. Manage resources, schedules, and financials and adhere to stage gate quality and internal control guidelines. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
The Senior Project Manager has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis. Verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case.
• Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business
• Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
• Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
• Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
• Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
• Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the project management team meetings
• Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership
• Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
• Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, customer relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues
• Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
• Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
• Manage project scope and changes
• Ensure that projects and programs are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards
• Manage project and program issues and risks to mitigate impact to baseline
• Secure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes
• Act as an internal quality control check for the project
• Manage ongoing quality control and participate in quality issue resolution
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project and program team, analyze results and troubleshoot problem areas
Objectives and Responsibilities of the Senior Project Manager
Leadership/Supervisory Role: Oversee and guides all activities of the assigned project and project team, including the monitoring of the performance of the project members. The Senior Project Manager leads the project team and works tirelessly to guarantee the reduction or removal of bottlenecks and inefficiencies in the project and related areas in the SU organization as a whole.
Collaboration/Support: The role of the Senior Project Manager as expected is a highly collaborative one working hand-in-hand with the, customer teams, internal development teams, delivery organization and other organizations and units needed for a successful delivery of the project goals.
Required Qualifications of the Senior Project Manager
Education: A university degree in Computer Science or any other relevant field related to the project scope. An equivalent of the same in working experience is also acceptable for this position.
Experience: At least 10 years of working experience in a Senior Project management capacity, working within a fast-paced and fast-evolving environment. He/she will also have a successful experience leading a team and can demonstrate a superior and practical understanding of accepted project manager principles.
The candidate will further have a demonstrated experience in running projects with enterprise network technologies and especially installing/delivering large and complex ERP systems or similar applications. He/she should have significant experience in running large customer projects (> 5 M€).
Experience from the energy industry is preferable but not a required.
The successful candidate should have proven success in providing on site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
Extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods and techniques is a mandatory requirement as well as understanding interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs.
Furthermore he/she must be able to demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices.
Communication Skills: Communication skills are important for his leadership position where he/she will be required to convey sensitive information and instructions to SU personnel, which will directly influence the performance of the entire unit.
Communication skills will also be imperative for in this highly collaborative capacity where the clarity of the communications will determine how effectively cross-functional tasks are executed across the project team(s).
Identify and develop trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders, sponsors and deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication.
Technology/Software: The Senior Project Manager must demonstrate extensive familiarity with ERP, CRM and CIS applications demonstrate good computer skills.
Interpersonal Skills: He/she must be capable of handling multiple simultaneous projects and meet deadlines, have an ability to work in a group setting as well as in an independent position, be highly analytical by nature, be highly organized being able to effectively prioritize tasks, have exceptionally good problem solving skills, have an ability to work in a highly collaborative and fast-evolving environment, be highly adaptive and welcoming to change.
Leadership/People Skills:The Senior Project Manager must have exceptional leadership skills and be a people person with an ability to develop strong, meaningful, and lasting relationships with others. He/she will be a likable, approachable, and relatable person who inspires trust in others who will then readily follow in his directives and trust in his insights.
The candidate should set and continually manage project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverable with team members and stakeholders and manage to delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
It is of utmost importance to monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables as well as to act as a coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project and the program team.
Duration: Try & Hire for 6 months before being fully hired by Tieto.
Location: Stockholm / Malmö / Göteborg / Skellefteå / Umeå
Work load: 100%
Working language: Swedish / English
Sista ansökningsdag: 3 december 2018